httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] Hook to allow insertion of filters during error processing
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:29:42 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
[...]
> hopefully, this kind of makes sense to at least some people.  personally,
> the only thing that makes sense to me is moving conditonal GET logic to it's
> own filter, similar to Content-Length I suppose.  yes, it would slow down
> the server for default+deflate responses, but I guess that would be the
> trade-off for allowing people to properly control the cache-correctness of
> their responses (among other things).

What if you use a plain connection filter to manipulate the headers and remove
it the moment the output headers have been sent? If understand correctly you
want this filter to be triggered the moment the first bit of the response body
is sent (if any). Could this be then done by a response body filter which will
then immediately remove itself from the filters stack?