httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] Hook to allow insertion of filters during error processing
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2003 13:00:05 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I've griped a bit before about having default_handler make conditional GET
> decisions, and this is probably another instance where having
> ap_meets_conditions in it's own filter could avoid inevitable problems.
>
> I'm up for laying out my issues if the list is interested in them and
> reevaluating the whole meets_conditions/filter_init stuff.

please do

I have the *feeling* that Paul's patch is a very safe fix (i.e., no regression
for 2.0.x) for the missing Expires on 304, and in general I like the idea of a
module getting the chance to add a filter on the error path, but I have no
awareness of other problems caused by the present meets-conditions handling.