httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Regarding worker MPM and queue_push/pop
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:23:40 GMT
MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

>>Here is the fix for AIX:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/generators/
>
> mod_cgid.c.diff?r1=1.158&r2=1.159
>

> Thanks - I'll try it out right away.

While researching the AIX issue affecting mod_cgid, in which kill() would not
report that a process was gone until up to 1 second after it exited*, I
constructed a test program to expose the delay without using Apache+mod_cgid.
Running the test program on HP-UX 11i (PA-RISC) showed no delay.  I tried it on
a number of other OSs too and found no such delay.

If your mileage varies, I'd certainly like to hear about it.

*this behavior is limited to a design like mod_cgid's, where sigchld is not
usually generated for the exiting script