httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [patch] adding mpm info to httpd -V
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:03:41 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> contrary to your advice, I took the initiative and coded <IfThreaded>
> against 2.1.  basically, this would allow you to group threaded directives
> together.  so, instead of this
>
> <IfModule worker.c>
>     ThreadsPerChild      5
> </IfModule>

> and so on for every threaded mpm, we could have
>
> <IfThreaded>
>     MaxThreadsPerChild   5
> </IfThreaded>

This rubs me the wrong way FWIW.  I think it is best to have all directives for
a specific MPM together in one container, and have that container specific to
the MPM.  If somebody really wants to do this they could use IfDefine;  though
it would be easier if the core pre-defined some symbol for use in IfDefine, it
is doable as-is.