httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.28 SEGFAULTS and doesn't produce a core file
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:45:42 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> FWIW, it segfaults on a jsp request...  I suppose that this is handled
> by a third party module such as mod_jk?  See the final snippet:

I was reminded by a little bird that you had mentioned in your original message
that you were using the WebLogic plug-in.  Maybe some hints here will help you
get a core dump, but regardless:  If you're using a commercially supported
product and that product was likely doing something around the time of the
crash (which seems likely), make sure you report it to them.  They can at least
make sure you have their latest and greatest code, and if you're lucky even
verify that there was some known issue that could explain the crashes.  Another
general debug technique that applies here: If you can verify that a crash only
occurs for requests handled by that plug-in, that is more information they can
use as well.