httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Forensic Logging
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:39:24 GMT
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 07:57:09PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >+1 (concept)
>
> Excellent, do I hear more?

fwiw +1 from me too. This is a valuable module, and I can't see any harm
in making it available.

> >I think you should have to specify a log file name for it to do anything
>
> Agreed.
>
> >and:
> >
> >2.1: fine with me if module is built/loaded by default
> >
> >1.3, 2.0: I suggest enabling with --enable-modules={most|all} but not by
> >default
>
> If it does nothing unless a file is specified, why not enable by default?

Yes, lets make it available in the default build even - that way it will be
simple for anyone who cares about security to enable the module, and for
those who don't care for the quite significant added overhead, it will be
easy to turn on if they suspect a problem.

vh

Mads Toftum