httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:37:54 GMT
On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 01:42:54PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> It's a public recorded thing, so I'd say: that surely is more than
> sufficient.  I was getting at the fact that phonecalls or irc sessions
> aren't logged, so there is no way to know there was approval without it
> being summarized somewhere.

Reviews don't need to be recorded, we only do it to give recognition
to the reviewer. Recall that we make no warranty about the quality
of the code we release, so there is no legal requirement to record
our QA process.

FWIW, I've never liked this whole r-t-c thing for any branch of
httpd, development or stable. I trust every single other committer
on this project to commit good code and to catch when someone else
commits something bad. Everything else is red tape.

-aaron