httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Regarding worker MPM and queue_push/pop
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:52:27 GMT

On Dec 4, 2003, at 9:18 AM, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)
wrote:

> [...]

I did some comparisons between leader-follower and worker a long
time ago.  At that time, worker was slightly faster than leader-follower
on multiprocessor Solaris servers, but the code has changed since
then, and the performance characteristics of both are likely to vary
among operating systems.  If you have the time to test it, it wouldn't
hurt to compare leader/follower to worker in your current benchmark
environment.

Brian