httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "bruce" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject modified apache...
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 04:24:22 GMT
hi...

not sure which is the right mailing list for this question......

we're considering looking at using apache for a client server topology.
basically, we need to be able to install a small apache footprint on a
number of servers. we'd like the apache apps to communicate back/forth with
a master app to access any config information. (ie, we don't want the apache
app to read the traditional httpd.conf file)

                          master app (config info)

           +--------------+---------------------------+
           |              |                           |
         modified     modified   ....               modified
         apache1       apache2      . . .            apache(n)

each apache app would communicate with the master app to get any required
config information.

has anyone any knowledge of any app that's modified apache to do this.

our goal is to have just a really small apache footprint on the client
servers...

thanks,

bruce
bedouglas@earthlink.net