httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James H.Cloos Jr. <cl...@jhcloos.com>
Subject Re: sctp related compile errors (resolved, but see last paragraph)
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 03:29:58 GMT
I figured this out shortly after posting ... :(

What is happening is that something in the latest glibc or kernel
headers (not linked into /usr/include, but glibc was built against
the 2.6 kernel and probably grabbed some headers then) convinces apr
that sctp is supported, even when the lksctp library is not installed.

So I grabbed the latest release from lksctp.sf.net and installed that;
then apache compiled w/o further complaint.

So apr's configure needs to do a better job of detecting sctp support
and turn it off if the necessary defines are not available.

-JimC