httpd-dev mailing list archives

From G√ľnter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: APACHE_2_0_BRANCH snapshots available on cvs.apache.org
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 04:01:11 GMT
> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Guenter Knauf wrote:

>> and then we also need a second APR snapshot for APACHE_2_0_BRANCH, or?

> It's AP[RUI]_0_9_BRANCH for apr,apr-util,apr-iconv.  And soon to be
> AP[RUI]_1_0_BRANCH as well, with HEAD becoming 1.1-dev.

hm, some more confusing stuff for people not following the lists permanently....

since it seems that creating these snapshots is 'only' a matter of the right script, why not
making automatic 'release snapshots'?
well, I'm speaking here for a lot of others out there which have asked me in the past how
to put together the cvs downloads, and I gave them a perl script which downloads the four
files and extracts them to a source tree...
but would be fine if we could have _one_ complete archive as snapshot, then you dont have
to care about BRANCH, HEAD..
I'm sure lot more people would try to build from cvs if they could get _one_ archive containing
all...

Guenter.