httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Threads in a module
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:58:26 GMT
Hey David,

A question like yours is probably better asked on the apache-modules list.
You can get on that by sending an empty mail to
apache-modules-subscribe@covalent.net.

> Hello, i'm trying to do a module that creates a thread with
> pthread_create(...), and this thread open a socket. Well, i compile all
> the source of apache with my module, and when i try to open the
> comunication with the socket there isn't conection. I try to do it in a
> simple C programm and the source of the thread and the socket is well.
> Perhaps, i must compile the apache source with -lpthread option, but i
> don't know how do it.

If lpthread wasn't part of your link phase, you'd get issues with unresolved
symbols either at link time or at run time. You may want to check if the
code that creates the thread actually gets executed, or doesn't get executed
more than once.

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                 sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                    Voice: (415) 856 4214

PGP FP: 7A8D B189 E871 80CB 9521  9320 C11E 7B47 964F 31D9

This email message is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message