httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: the wheel of httpd-dev life is surely slowing down, solutions please
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:04:31 GMT
On 13.11.2003, at 01:29, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 05:14:35PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>> 1) Bugs
>>
>> searching for NEW and REOPENED bugs in httpd-2.0 returns: 420 entries
>> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?
>> bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Apache+httpd-2.0
>>
>> Suggestion: make bugzilla CC bug-reports to the dev list. Most
>> developers won't just go and check the bugs database to see if there
>> is something to fix, both because they don't have time and because
>> there are too many things to fix. Posting the reports to the list
>> raises a chance for the developer to have a free minute and may be to
>> resolve the bug immediately or close it.
>
> Would anyone else be in favor of exploring other forms of bug-tracking?
> The old system (gnats) was completely email-oriented, which was good
> and bad. Bugzilla may be more usable for web-oriented users, but it
> it definitely more difficult to use offline (ie. impossible). Perhaps
> we could try out the bug tracking system used by the debian project
> (http://www.debian.org/Bugs/).

I'd be very in favour of exploring other forms of bug-tracking. For
example
we'll have a full replication of BugZilla in Jira (/me hides) in the
near future
here on ASF hardware (see http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/ for a preview).

I've to admit that I really like it and especially as a patch-tracking
tool
it could be useful, at least IMHO.

Btw, Scarab (http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues) is also available
but I
doubt that it is used by a single project ;-)

Cheers,
Erik