httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Jastram <...@intech.com>
Subject Re: mod_dav_lock and Adobe Framemaker was Re: Where is mod_access??
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:16:21 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Wednesday, November 26, 2003 15:51:23 -0500 Christopher Jastram
> <cej@intech.com> wrote:
>
>> My boss found subversion+webdav, and wants it implemented for use with
>> Adobe FrameMaker.  So, I need dav_lock (without it, framemaker can load
>> from dav, but cannot checkin or checkout).
>

> FWIW, that combination works fine with Framemaker 7.x, but Frame likes
> to keep exclusive locks for the duration of the editing session.
> That's not too cool for most real-world work groups.
>
> So, we settled upon just having people use SVN working copies and
> doing 'manual' merges whenever there was conflicts.  (The compare
> documents feature in Frame worked well for resolving conflicts.)  --
> justin

Interesting.  I haven't had the opportunity to play with Frame and dav,
but I assumed that Frame would require a locking rather than a merging
version system.  I think that we will end up doing just what you said.

Another idea: when Frame checks a document in, use fmbatch on a Solaris
box to convert the document to MIF.  When frame checks it out, convert
back to FM format.  Does anybody know of any sample svn hook scripts to
accomplish this?  (Wrong list, sorry)

chris