httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject SUBMITTING PATCHES
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:43:09 GMT
Folks with outstanding patches or new patches in the works:

Please follow the guidelines at http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html

The biggest change is that we ask people to submit patches via the bug
database.  Some people have been doing this already, but many patches were
posted only to the mailing list, didn't receive immediate attention, and were
forgotten.  Discussion of patches on the mailing list is still fine, but the
requirement for a Bugzilla entry is expected to decrease the number of patches
which languish forever.

If you already have a patch submitted via a Bugzilla problem report, make sure
that the PatchAvailable keyword is enabled for the problem report.  This is
easy to add to an existing report:  Enter "PatchAvailable" in the keywords
entry field and submit the change.

Meanwhile, we need to scour Bugzilla for patches associated with open PRs that
don't have the PatchAvailable keyword specified.