httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [patch] adding mpm info to httpd -V
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:25:51 GMT

Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:

wow, I didn't expect to see this followed up upon.  thanks.

>> Server version: Apache/2.1.0-dev
>> Server built:   Aug 12 2003 02:25:22
>> Server's Module Magic Number: 20030213:1
>> Architecture:   32-bit
>> Server MPM:     Prefork
>

> too bad ap_show_mpm doesn't list this like other modules :( ("prefork.c"
> or "worker.c")... the major source file name is what you need in
> <IfModule FOO>

hmm... odd.  I guess I'll take your word for it that doesn't work now (I'm
on conference overload and really can't think straight at the moment :)

but if it doesn't I'd be happy to try and make it work if there is a
consensus that it would be a good thing.  the only issue I can see is
something mentioned in the original thread on test-dev@ - that attributes
like being threaded (or not) are generally more useful than the more
simplistic approach of looking for worker.c.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-test-dev&m=105795076610731&w=2

nevertheless, I'd be happy to do the scut work here and code both up (httpd
-V and IfDefine/IfModule stuff) if some agreement can be reached on exactly
what it all ought to look like.

> also, we can axe the display of the MPM directory, right?  what good is
> that? or does the test suite use that?

currently, the test suite uses it to infer the mpm (worker, prefork, etc).
but I don't see any reason (from the perspective of the perl-framework) that
it can't be moved, provided there is some other way to determine the mpm (or
relevant underlying mpm attributes).

again, thanks for your interest - it is really appreciated.

--Geoff