httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: consider reopening 1.3
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:01:06 GMT
Igor Kovalenko wrote:

> I am just lurking here really... but a while back I did try to post some
> patches dealing with QNX support to both Apache and PHP. In my humble
> opinion, there was a world of difference in attitude that I have encountered
> in those two projects.
>
> The attitude of PHP folks was 'you can commit patches so long as you stand
> by to fix anything you break right away' (hey Rasmus :). The very atmosphere
> was rather welcoming. Hell, they even put me onto the credits page at the
> time and I did not even think myself that I did that much.

You'll see some movement in the right direction.  You can look in CHANGES for
the names of non-core developers (people with e-mail addresses listed) and see
that we have the general willingness to accept contributions; but we have had
big problems losing sight of ones that weren't highly interesting to a core
developer.