httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [APACHE2] http://domain/ generating garbage output ...
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:31:28 GMT
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I've just spent the past little while searching Google for anything that
> might shed some light on this, and am drawing a blank ... from what I can
> tell, it isn't a configuration issue (unless I'm missing a configuration
> setting), but I don't know how to debug it from the server end ...
>
> I just setup an Apache 2.0.48 server, and all the config files are 'the
> default' based on what FreeBSD installs from ports ... if I go to:
>
> http://domain
>
> I get a string of 'garbage'(high ascii?) characters across my browser,
> almost as if its reading the raw directory, but if I go to:

Is it any different if you use the URL

http://domain/

?

We have logic to make sure that we don't try to serve a directory special file
from default handler.  Hopefully that isn't busted on your box.

A truss of a process handling the problematic request might be useful.

Hopefully you have --disable-threads and are using prefork MPM since this is
FreeBSD?

> I have 2.0.47 on another machine that appears to be working as expected,
> so I'm curious as to whether its maybe a bug in 2.0.48 ... ?

I haven't heard any reports of anything like this.