httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: caching includes parse tree
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:38:24 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:

> Any thought into parsing the results of the includes filter (offsets,
> etc.).  In our environment, parsing the includes files is a huge
> performance hit.
>
> We are willing to help in any way.

Hey Brian,
it has been discussed before, and the two approaches is what I recall
we store the parse results in a cache similiar how mod_mem_cache does it

*or*

run 2 mod-includes with a cache in between them. the reasoning for this
is that 90% of the work assembling the page can be done once, and there
is a small part which needs to be done which is user specific

FWIW .. you couldn't cache the offsets of a dynamic (cgi/java/php) page
as the offsets would/could change every time.