httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: caching includes parse tree
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:21:00 GMT
Glenn wrote:

> For files where server-side includes are used for page fragment reuse
> rather than complicated server-side conditional processing, this could
> be an easy win, and a bit more flexible than the XBitHack.

In our environment, we have several includes on a page, only one of
which is actually dynamic (it's handled by another module).  We'd like
to be able to cache most of the page, but not that dynamic part.
Mod_cache is all or nothing.  We are looking at several solutions, but
it seems "wrong" to parse the same old stuff over and over again...