httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: consider reopening 1.3
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:35:20 GMT
Glenn wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 03:37:19PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>

> Oh, how about my (effectively) 2-line patch which adds vhost
> to the error log, which I have posted to this list NO LESS THAN 6 TIMES
> and spaced out over the past 6 MONTHS in three different formats, using
> a global, expanding server_rec, and with #defines.

this is not a 1.3 thing, this is a dev@ thing.
your patch could have been posted for 2.0 and got the same response.
(and I'm not saying you should not be pissed off, just that this is not
a 1.3 thing)

> I have some different ideas.  One is to distribute APR with 1.3 so
> that modules developers could incrementally move their modules to APR.

why can't you just link APR into your 1.3 module? I don't think there
would be any technical reason not to.