httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: should input filter return the exact amount of bytes asked for?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:13:36 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

Thanks for the explanations Justin. Once I'll get some free time I'll need to
revamp the filters chapter [1] to address the read mode issue. So far I was
completely ignoring it :(

(1) http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html

>> Though it'd be nice to add a note re: APR_BLOCK_READ in the
>> AP_MODE_READBYTES doc above. Or I guess may be it belongs to some filters
>> tutorial...
>

> I'll note that I wrote an article on describing httpd-2.x's filters for
> some Linux magazine recently.  I bet you can find back issues.  As an
> aside, I never actually saw the final copy or the printed copy.  So,
> don't blame me if it doesn't help.  ;-)  -- justin

Is that the one you are talking about?
http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-08/apache_01.html

rbb wrote a bunch of filtering articles some 2 years ago or so too. It'd
probably be nice to ask those magazines if we can dump them somewhere under
the docs-2.0 project, versus linking to them, as ezines tend to move things a
lot and even kill them.