httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: MaxClients constant
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:09:44 GMT
David Herrero wrote:
> I want to know where MaxClients constant is declarated or in which part
> of the source read this value of httpd.conf.

It isn't a "constant".

apache-1.3]$ grep MaxClients src/main/*.c
src/main/http_core.c:       fprintf(stderr, "WARNING: MaxClients of %d exceeds
compile time limit "
src/main/http_core.c:       fprintf(stderr, " lowering MaxClients to %d.  To
increase, please "
src/main/http_core.c:   fprintf(stderr, "WARNING: Require MaxClients > 0,
setting to 1\n");
src/main/http_core.c:  "Deprecated equivalent to MaxClients" },
src/main/http_core.c:{ "MaxClients", set_server_limit, NULL, RSRC_CONF, TAKE1,
src/main/http_main.c: * to deal with MaxClients changes across SIGUSR1
restarts.  We use this
src/main/http_main.c:                       "server reached MaxClients setting,
consider"
src/main/http_main.c:                       " raising the MaxClients setting");

It looks like the set_server_limit() function in src/main/http_core.c will
process the MaxClients directive and set a global variable to represent the
value.  Have a look at that code.