httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: piped log files
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:02:16 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Bastiaan van der Put wrote:
>
>> CustomLog "|/usr/local/apache2/bin/logresolve >>
>> /home/accounts/x/xxxxx/logs/access_log" combined
>

> unless somebody speaks up soon, I'll commit the patch to Apache 2.1-dev

status: I hit a bit of a hangup that must be debugged :(

there are two pieces of code handling piped loggers: error log and
mod_log_config...  in 1.3, both handled shell operations...  in 2.0, as you
discovered, neither handles shell operations

the patch you are using is fine AFAICT, but trying the same change to the code
to handle piped error log results in quite a bit of unhappiness (no logging at
all)...  that needs to be tracked down before trying to fix half the problem