httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with ordering of modules in IHS 1x
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:30:15 GMT
Swapan Gupta wrote:

> I am having a problem with the ordering of modules with IHS, based upon
> Apache1x.
>
> I have two modules which have their functions scheduled to be executed
> during the same phase (Check Access).
>
> The functions get executed in a reverse order than the one I intend to.
> The same is true even if I swap the positions of loading the modules in
> the httpd.conf file.

Do you have just LoadModule for the modules, or LoadModule and ClearModuleList
and AddModule?  If your config file has

<series of LoadModule directives>

ClearModuleList

<series of AddModule directives>

then the order of the LoadModule directives doesn't matter and instead the
order of the AddModule matters.

> Is there a way by which I could explicitly specify the order of
> execution of the functions in the same phase vis-à-vis other modules
> having functions defined for the execution in the same phase? Basically
> I want to execute my function at the end of a particular phase (check
> access), so that even if there are other modules defining function for
> check access phase, my function gets executed at last. Is there a way
> out to do this?

no, in Apache 1.3 the order of LoadModule or AddModule determines the order in
which the hooks will be called