httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Submitting module
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:16:20 GMT
Piras Velandai Thiyagarajan wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any way by which I can contribute apache modules to Apache such
> that it can be shipped with the browser?

with the server I guess you mean :)

> To better serve the Apache user community for easy integration, it would
> be nice if during configure compilation option, --with-mod-sun-plugin,
> that way just be simple effect of compilation, the customers get what
> they want.

I'd expect that many of your customers would not be building Apache but instead
would be using a build prepared by their vendor.

Also, we don't want to add a module to the Apache distribution which has such a
limited purpose.

> Let me know if there is any better way to provide this functionality.

$ wget http://www.sun.com/whatever/mod_foo.c && apxs -c mod_foo.c && apxs
-i
mod_foo.la

or

$ wget -O /usr/local/libexec/mod_foo.so \
http://www.sun.com/whatever/mod_foo.linuxppc.so