httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject mod_dav_lock and Adobe Framemaker was Re: Where is mod_access??
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:59:01 GMT
--On Wednesday, November 26, 2003 15:51:23 -0500 Christopher Jastram
<cej@intech.com> wrote:

> My boss found subversion+webdav, and wants it implemented for use with
> Adobe FrameMaker.  So, I need dav_lock (without it, framemaker can load
> from dav, but cannot checkin or checkout).

FWIW, that combination works fine with Framemaker 7.x, but Frame likes to
keep exclusive locks for the duration of the editing session.  That's not
too cool for most real-world work groups.

So, we settled upon just having people use SVN working copies and doing
'manual' merges whenever there was conflicts.  (The compare documents
feature in Frame worked well for resolving conflicts.)  -- justin