httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "K Lee" <K_...@slink-software.com>
Subject Re: the wheel of httpd-dev life is surely slowing down, solutionsplease
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 06:57:22 GMT

I think Apache's core has become stable and very solid
(just like TCP/IP stack).  It has a very good modules
architecture.  Most of the new features are added as module.

There are no need to add more features to the httpd core.
Apache is not MS and does not need to add more "features"
to the core to just get rid of the competitions.

Personally I think Apache has become the next TCP/IP stack in
the future of webserver, webservice software foundation -
solid, stable, well design, extenable with a lot of
new functionalities without changing the core.

As an user, I would love to use software with
these kind of characterists "solid, stable, well design,
extenable".   It just works continuously, nothing
sexy anymore - like the TCPIP stack, the phone,
utilites (water, gas, electrial power), highway, etc.

I view for the apache core, httpd-dev's life slowing down as
a very good thing.

My $0.02

K Lee
--