httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.28 SEGFAULTS and doesn't produce a core file
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:08:09 GMT
--On Thursday, November 27, 2003 11:27 PM -0500 wrote:

> That is a good idea, but there has to be a way to debug things in their
> current state. Since this is the configuration that causes Apache to

No, there's not.  It's a problem with Linux not httpd.

> SEGFAULT, I would like to capture a core/stack trace when this
> configuration goes south. I am hoping one of the developers can shed some
> light on this.

AFAIK, Sander's suggestion is the only one you can use on 1.3: run on a higher
port that doesn't invoke the setuid calls.

For 2.1, Jeff's added the (build-time optional) fatal_exception hook to allow
modules to dump the stack trace to the error log before it dies.  But, that
won't help you on 1.3.  -- justin

View raw message