httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn <>
Subject Re: Sockets
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:36:33 GMT
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:49:55PM +0100, David Herrero wrote:
> 	I have to do a module that open a socket and modify a global
> variable, while the web server is runing. Is there a module that opens a
> socket and creates a child process ? In this way i see how do it,
> because i don't have any idea.

You might try looking at mod_cgi and mod_cgid.
They create pipes and fork a child process to run CGI.
(Creating sockets instead of pipes requires only minor change)

Are you developing on Apache 1.3 or Apache 2.x?

Depending on what you're trying to do, you might have your module make
a cgi-script subrequest and then let mod_cgi take care of creating the
child process for you.

View raw message