httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: the wheel of httpd-dev life is surely slowing down, solutions please
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:10:57 GMT
* Daniel Lorch <ml-daniel@lorch.cc> wrote:

> If I can get my name into the headlines [1] when writing Java-Stuff,
> hell, then I'll do it.
>
> Read "The Cathedral & The Bazaar" from ESR [2]. It provides a good
> insight into the social structures of the "community": motivations,
> incentives, .. It's not always the money, you know ;) Market share?
> Who cares! Customers? Who cares! I want my name to be a three letter
> acronym everyone recognizes! RMS? ESR?

Sure, but that's your way. It's not mine, for example. My personal intention
is to make the software better. That's it. I don't need to read my name in
headlines.

Why did I start contributing? Because I've found errors. Why did I start
cleaning up Bugzilla-Reports? Because I searched something and didn't find
through because there was too much noise. That's all. Forget my name. Use
that great piece of open source software and learn from it. I love good and
clean code. So my most contributions clean up code and try to improve it. In
fact, most people will never know about this, because it's just behind the
scenes.

Apart from the above I don't like Java very much ;-)

nd