httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: MaxClients constant
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:43:09 GMT

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, David Herrero wrote:

> I want to know where MaxClients constant is declarated or in which part
> of the source read this value of httpd.conf.

You can set it from your httpd.conf (MaxClients 1234) - just grep the
source for MaxClients, see httpd_core.c/main.c

There is also a compile time 'hard' limit: HARD_SERVER_LIMIT which
depending on your platform is set to 256, 1024 or 2048. It can be
overwridden at compile time with something like -DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=1234.

However DO read the docs/notes - as you also need matching resources like
# of file descriptors and (child) process/threads on your OS.

Dw