httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: consider reopening 1.3
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 04:22:30 GMT

Last benchmarks I have currently are quite old.

I think the last time I ( just a USER of Apache ) did
any serious benchmarking was 2.0.40 or something...
but the results were right inline with what Rasmus
just posted.

Apache 2.0 pre-fork was a pig compared to Apache 1.3 prefork.

If I get some time off from my 'real' job in the next little while
I will try and get you some benchmarks... but if you read my
last message you will see that it says...

> FACT?:  <- That's a QUESTION MARK there.

> - Verify that's it's true. ( seems to be ). You have to
>   KNOW, yourselves, where you are on the stopwatch and not
>   wait for usrs to tell you.
> - If it's not (true)... do some marketing and make sure people KNOW IT.
> - If it is... fix it. Make it NOT TRUE.

That's kinda parta the problem right at the moment, isn't it?

Apache 2.0 has been out for almost 2 years and nobody
seems to be sure WHAT the real performance numbers are???

That's just an indication of how bad the lethargy has become
and/or how piss-poor the rollout follow-up on 2.0 has been.

Later...
Kevin