httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff White" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Apache + Windows
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:19:55 GMT

From: "Bill Stoddard"

> Andrew Mann wrote:
>
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5726.asp
> >
> > "Also, because TransmitFile is geared toward server applications,
it is
> > fully functional only on server versions of Windows. On home and
> > professional versions, there may be only two outstanding
TransmitFile

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itsolutions/network/deploy/depovg/tcpip2k.asp

> Can work around this particular fooness with EnableSendfile off. No
idea if this will make teh problem
> disappear tho.
>
> Bill

Try using the built-in Windows Script Host (WSH)
and the built-in (WMI) Windows Management
Instrumentation via the built-in Windows Scripting
language VBScript.

Set the Allowed Number of TCP Connections
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/network/scnet133.asp

Save the above little VBScript as whatever.vbs
and start it by using the command line
version of the Windows Script Host - cscript.exe.

c:>cscript.exe whatever.vbs

Try the other "networking options" too.

Networking
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/network/default.asp

And for doing registry actions.

Registry
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/registry/default.asp

All done via the built-in Windows Scripting
engine and the built-in languages (or download
and use the language of your desire with the
built-in Windows Script Host engines).

Administration scripting examples and an
ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

Jeff