httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Herrero" <davih...@usuarios.retecal.es>
Subject RE: Threads in a module
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 01:05:14 GMT
Sonry, i don't write in english very well, when you do a programm which
uses threads you must compile with:

		gcc example1.c -o example.out -lpthread

My question is when i compile the apache sources, with make, make all
and make install, where i must indicate the option -lpthread.
In the module i include <pthread.h>

Thanks

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Sander Temme [mailto:sctemme@covalent.net]
Enviado el: sábado, 22 de noviembre de 2003 1:58
Para: dev@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Threads in a module

Hey David,

A question like yours is probably better asked on the apache-modules
list. You can get on that by sending an empty mail to
apache-modules-subscribe@covalent.net.

> Hello, i'm trying to do a module that creates a thread with
> pthread_create(...), and this thread open a socket. Well, i compile
> all the source of apache with my module, and when i try to open the
> comunication with the socket there isn't conection. I try to do it in
> a simple C programm and the source of the thread and the socket is
> well. Perhaps, i must compile the apache source with -lpthread option,

> but i don't know how do it.

If lpthread wasn't part of your link phase, you'd get issues with
unresolved symbols either at link time or at run time. You may want to
check if the code that creates the thread actually gets executed, or
doesn't get executed more than once.

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                 sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                    Voice: (415) 856 4214

PGP FP: 7A8D B189 E871 80CB 9521  9320 C11E 7B47 964F 31D9

This email message is for the sole use of the intended
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message