httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: closesocket() vs close()
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:30:23 GMT
+1
      Looking at the code as it is currently implemented for NetWare,
this is a bug.  NetWare should be calling closesocket() here rather than
close().  Since the calls to close() would only happen on an error
condition and Apache would immediately exit() anyway, this hasn't really
caused us a problem in the past even though it is incorrect.  Calling
close() on a socket handle in NetWare would simply return an error.  In
this case the orphaned socket handle would be clean up by the OS after
Apache exited.  So the cleanup that Jim is proposing would actually fix
a potential problem for NetWare.  My guess is that it would fix the same
problem for Win32 since they are based on Winsock as well.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com