httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hackathon discussion; Pluggable Backends [was r->filename]
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:57:08 GMT
At 03:25 PM 10/28/2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>>I'd like to take up and hack through some solution at the hackathon - this
>>is the sort of underlying schema that we could fix in 2.2 - but we can come
>>up with agreement on 'one true way' more rapidly with face time.
>
>ok, I'll hold off on spending any time on it now, then.
>
>guess I need to sign up for the hackathon, too :)

Develop your ideas to present, on the list or there.  I'm suggesting it's a pretty
rich topic.  BTW - do look at mod_dav_fs to get a handle on what I'm looking
at.  Also consider we need;

  *)  an API for listing members (e.g. dir_read)
  *)  an API for opening a member and for fetching data
  *)  an API for getting a bucket representation (e.g. sendfile/mmap/heap)

Bill