httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ap_invoke_handler
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:43:28 GMT
At 03:17 PM 10/20/2003, Aryeh Katz wrote:
>I have an input filter that might need to reinvoke the handler that inserted this
>input filter (this time with the filter removed).

The right way to do that is to store a per-request apr_pool_data holder
for the request.  Do not attempt to remove a filter once it's inserted,
simple force it to be inert.  Serveral Apache filters already do this, although
I can't name one offhand (SSL might be, I think.)

>It worked exactly as I expected on a UNIX box.
>Then, when I did the WIN32 port, I saw the function signature
>(CORE_DECLARE) and realized I was in trouble.
>I had previously tried _redirect_internal but this did not work.
>Is there any other way to get the handler reinvoked?
>If not, is there a good reason why ap_invoke_handler is marked private?

Yes, because you shouldn't reinvoke the handler, in general.  If you must,
be sure you include the correct header files (httpd.h etc) in the right order,
and be sure /D "WIN32" /D "CORE_PRIVATE" are given to toggle the
correct includes.

Bill