httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: r->filename check
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:43:00 GMT
Ted Rolle wrote:

> Is that a show-stopper?
>

>>has any decision been made on the answer to the question "what should
>>r->filename be if a module determines in the translate_name hook that
>>the uri does not map to any file that the web server can see?" ?

It isn't a showstopper to playing around with mod_include to not segfault if
r->filename is NULL, but I detect that Cliff and perhaps others aren't happy
with the idea that all sorts of code must protect it self from r->filename
being NULL, and if that is fixed the adding logic to mod_include is a waste.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, and at this point am merely interested to
opinions about what r->filename should be set to.