httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject detecting stop|graceful|restart from httpd.conf
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:14:20 GMT
My last post included a patch providing the mechanism to know when the server
starts and immediately restarts. Unfortunately it won't work for 'httpd -k
[stop|graceful|restart]' which can't reach the pool of the running server.

We have users asking for a flag which will allow them to disable the execution
of their startup code when the server is shutdown. Can the mpm architecture be
extended to set some flag telling what state it's in (for the benefit of the
config phase and may be others as well)?

I imagine that the optional signal_server() should be moved before the config
parsing code, so the mpm implementation will register what should be done and
raise the flag (visible from the outside) telling whether it's one of
stop|graceful|restart. Now when config is done, call signal_server_finalize()
which will do what signal_server() originally did.