httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: isn't ap_die() broken with recognizing recursive errors and/or should my module leave r->status alone?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:28:59 GMT

> ap_die() is definitely confused about whether or not it is a recursive
> error.  Any time r->status is set, it thinks it is a recursive error.
>

> On a side note, is it bad for modules to set r->status?

it was because of the former that I thought it was bad to do the latter.

over in mod_perl-land there is the propensity for people to play with
$r->status in handlers (due to Apache::Registry using it as a hack).  I
always tell them that handlers (Perl or C) communicate their status via
their return code, not $r->status - doing so will muck with the error
document cycle, and no core module does it, so don't do it.

it would be nice to hear somebody verify that here :)

--Geoff