httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with getting custom HTTP header in IHS 2.42.x
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:48:26 GMT
Swapan Gupta wrote:

> I am facing a problem there. When I try to get the HTTP headers, on
> Apache2x I am getting both the Default (such as HTTP_COOKIE,
> HTTP_CONNECTION) and Custom HTTP headers such as HTTP_FOO. But when I
> test the same code on IHS, I see that I am able to only get the default
> HTTP headers and not my Custom HTTP headers.

Where do these custom headers come from?  From the original request or
from the response?

When you refer to these "custom HTTP headers" you're naming them as if
they are environment variables.  Maybe your module is looking at the
table of environment variables passed to subprocesses instead of the
table of request or response headers, and your Apache setup differs from
your IHS setup such that with Apache the table of environment variables
has been populated with these request or response headers?

> Any idea why this should happen or do I need to do something special to
> get custom headers such as HTTP_FOO?

Regardless of Apache or IHS: If these are request headers, your module
should look in r->headers_in.  If these are response headers, your
module should refer to r->headers_out and r->err_headers_out.  Such
headers may or may not be reflected in the subprocess env table based on
the configuration directives and the set of modules loaded and the type
of request and so forth.