httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Knight <Christopher.D.Kni...@nasa.gov>
Subject mod_auth_ldap weirdness (no, not mod_ldap)
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:18:42 GMT
Ok, so I'm running 2.0.47 with mod_ldap, mod_auth_ldap, and a bunch of
other modules. I've already stumbled across the mod_ldap problems and
I've disabled caching entirely (LDAPCacheEntries 0) and LDAP
authentication seems to work generally.

However, when I ldap-protect a Location (as opposed to using the
built-in htpasswd authentication) I get occasional (like 5% of the time)
failures to load images and html documents. The access logs look normal
(no 500's) and there is nothing in the error_log (no coredump or anything.)

My LDAP server is running OpenLDAP 2.0.27 and my web server is running
OpenLDAP 2.1.22.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Is this a known problem? (Seems to
be a fatal bug.)

Hints as to where to look? I can run gdb on the server as well as Ethereal.

Should I patch the mod_ldap stuff as well? (Does the latest CVS checkins
contain the mod_ldap fixes?)

Relevant Location section:

<Location /xyz>
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Authentication Required"
  #AuthUserFile /usr/people/netmarkFTP/webdav/private/90.htpasswd
  require valid-user
  AuthLDAPEnabled on
  AuthLDAPURL "ldap://myserver:389/dc=nasa,dc=gov"
  AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
  AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=Manager,dc=nasa,dc=gov"
  ModMimeUsePathInfo on
</Location>