httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <>
Subject Re: [proposal] styleguide tweak
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:03:28 GMT

Jeff Trawick wrote:
> one true way or not, consistency with other style guidelines for this
> body of code and the bulk of existing code is more important, and I
> think this special case handling of the opening brace is going to be a
> wart... doesn't match aesthetically, and is an extra rule that doesn't
> solve a problem that a number of people have encountered

As much as I would like to have all the code formatted according to the
the "one true way" (my personal preference), I have to agree with Jeff
that it should be all or nothing rather than with special exceptions.
Since the code is all formatted in !"one true way" I'd have to vote to
keep it that way. IMHO, an exception for multiline conditionals would
just confuse things.

Now if we want to talk about reformatting *all* the code to the
"one true way"...    :)    *duck*

Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

View raw message