httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] styleguide tweak
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:31:32 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>

>>I'm quite happy that
>>[httpd-2.0] $ find . -name '*.c' | xargs grep '^[ \t]+{'
>>currently produces no output, and I'd prefer that it stay that way ;)
>

> That it does, but
>
> [httpd-2.0] $ find . -name '*.c' | xargs egrep '^[ \t]+{'
>
> (note the 'e' on egrep) produces quite a lot of output, much of which is
> the kind of thing I'm talking about.

and much of which, it is fair to point out, are structure definitions :)

dang, why does

grep '^{'

work for finding opening braces at the beginning of the line, but

grep '^ +{'

not work for finding opening braces after at least one space?

oh, shoot...  + is not handled by default with grep

okay, really shutting up now...