httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: Segfaults in 2.0.47 (worker)
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:27:07 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 02:23:12PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> You don't by any chance have NEED_WAITPID defined somewhere, do you?

I do, in ./srclib/apr/include/arch/unix/apr_private.h , but not in
anywwhere that matters for mpm_common.c. The #ifdef block you
cite definitely isn't evaluating, I've tried putting some nonsense
in which should at least generate a compiler warning, and I'm not
getting one.

> I found a place that looks like a bug that could definitely cause
> this, but only if you have NEED_WAITPID defined. Take a look
> at server/mpm_common.c around line 233 (search for the call to
> reap_children()). The return value is overwriting the pointer to the
> apr_proc_t struct, and then right after we call apr_sleep() (which lines
> up with the call to select() in your trace above) we get a segfault.

Ouch, though doesn't seem to be my problem :/

> Could you send me your httpd binary and the core file?

On their way, in a seperate mail.

colm@stdlib.net					  http://www.stdlib.net/