httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <>
Subject Re: Segfaults in 2.0.47 (worker)
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:25:43 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:09:54PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> It looks like your stack is getting blown away somehow, since gdb
> is unable to read local variables.

Yep, it is, and I'm having a hard time getting past this. hexdump
is not a great way to deal with core files :(

> What modules are you running?

"./configure" \
"--with-mpm=worker" \
"--prefix=/usr/local/web" \
"--enable-cgid" \
"--enable-rewrite" \
"--enable-expires" \
"--enable-cache" \
"--enable-disk-cache" \

I've built out cache and disk-cache, just in case, no change.
ExtendedStatus, EnableMMap are on, and the worker section looks

<IfModule worker.c>
ServerLimit         93
StartServers        10
MaxClients          5952
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     64
MaxRequestsPerChild 100

MaxReqPerChild is lower than it normally would be, to help with
debugging, 93 and 64 may look unusual, but these are where I'm
getting optimal performance.

Apart from that, standard config. Nothing particularly special
with rewrite/expires rules.

> Is there anything in the error logs?

Just the usual

[Wed Oct 15 20:13:58 2003] [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error
detected in the parent process

> What version of linux are you running (uname -a)? Are you running
> a stock kernel?

canyonero:/usr/local/web/conf# uname -a
Linux canyonero 2.4.21-xfs-heanet #1 SMP Mon Sep 8 16:49:57 IST 2003
i686 unknown

-heanet is just a local revision we use, only patch I apply is the
XFS one, rest is vanilla kernel.

I'm running APACHE_2_0_BRANCH now, we'll see if it repeats.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key:

View raw message