httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn <gs-apache-...@gluelogic.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.29... ? :)
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:21:07 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:15:15PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Glenn wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:03:37PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > > I'm looking to release 1.3.29 "soonish"... I think
> > > it's likely a good time to get another release
> > > out.
> > >
> > > Fair warning :)
> >
> > -1  (from non-commiter)
> > unless src/main/alloc.c was modified to better handle process cleanups
> > when used with suEXEC.  A few weeks ago, I downloaded 1.3.28 from Apache
> > (pristine source, not modified by any distributor) because I needed the
> > LimitInternalRecursion directive on one system.  CGI zombies started
> > piling up until I applied this custom patch, which works on RedHat 7.3
> > and should work on any POSIX system.
> >

> Ummm... this is part of why I want 1.3.29 out, since this is
> fixed in it.

mea culpa.  I hadn't checked in dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_1.3.28/

Could there be a link added to the download page that points to the
patch directory for patches to apply to the current "best available
version"?  It's easy to forget (or not to know) that one should follow
the "Other files" link on the download page and then look in the patches/
directory for important patches to the latest, greatest release.

Thanks.
Glenn