httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject ProxyPassReverse doesn't fix broken Location
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:14:56 GMT

(this originally cropped up with one of my own rewriting modules,
but removing it from the config makes no difference to it)

I've just tried the following on my desktop box:

ProxyPass		/apachecon.com/	http://apachecon.com/
ProxyPassReverse	/apachecon.com/	http://apachecon.com/

That gives me:

bash-2.05$ lynx -dump -head http://localhost/apachecon.com/
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:59:51 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.28-dev (Unix) PHP/4.4.0-dev DAV/1.0.3-dev
Connection: close

Now that Location header is clearly illegal under RFC2616 (section 14.30).
Nevertheless it's rather common practice, and it breaks the proxy.
So it seems to me that ProxyPassReverse should fix it.

I don't mind hacking mod_proxy to fix this if necessary, but I'd like
to check first that I'm not overlooking anything obvious.

If any PHP folks are listening, can I suggest PHP should prevent this
happening in the first place by fixing up Location: headers?

--
Nick Kew

In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html