httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: ScriptLog
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:12:08 GMT
* Glenn wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 02:38:34PM +0200, Andr? Malo wrote:
>> * Cliff Woolley wrote:
>>
>>> It's too bad you can't set the ScriptLog in a per-dir context -- that
>>> would allow an individual user (aka myself) to debug their own cgi scripts
>>> into their own error log even though there's no global ScriptLog enabled.
>>
>> +1 for per-dir with AllowOverride Options.
>>
>> nd
>
> A problem with requiring AllowOverride Options is that a large number
> of ISPs do not permit AllowOverride Options.

That was exactly the reason why I've suggested this.

> If this approach is
> used, could an additional option be created, e.g. to permit something
> along the lines of Options +DebugLogs ?

If we handle it the way Kess proposed (limiting logs per vitualhost and
child), I'd find AllowOverride Options totally sufficient.

nd
--
$_=q?tvc!uif)%*|#Bopuifs!A`#~tvc!Xibu)%*|qsjou#Kvtu!A`#~tvc!KBQI!)*|~
tvc!ifmm)%*|#Qfsm!A`#~tvc!jt)%*|(Ibdlfs(~  # What the hell is JAPH? ;